Family Dentist In Hilo, HI
When you have a large family, ensuring that each member gets proper dental care each year can be complicated. The best thing to do is choose one dentist who can treat the whole family—that includes young toddlers and seasoned seniors. Having one dentist will make it much easier for you to keep up with regular checkups for everyone so that your family can maintain a legacy of good dental hygiene. You’ll find a trusted, reliable family dentist with our dentists at Island Ohana Dental in Hilo, HI.
Regular Dental Visits for the Whole Family
The American Dental Association recommends twice-yearly dental appointments for professional cleanings and checkups. When you have a large family, it’s best to schedule those appointments around the same time and at the same place. Pick months that will likely be most convenient for your schedule and that of your children. For instance, the summertime is usually a good time for kids, and the few weeks before the holidays may also be most convenient.
What Your Family Dentist Can Do
A family dentist can offer you more than just clean teeth. Besides professional cleanings, here are a few other treatments available:
- Crowns, veneers, and inlays for restorative and cosmetic improvements.
- Root canal treatments for cavities.
- Fluoride treatment.
- And more!
Benefits of One Dentist
It’s a blessing to have one dentist that you can trust for all of your family's dental needs. Here are a few specific benefits to think about:
- Your children have a better chance of becoming comfortable with going to the dentist, as they get familiar with one provider over the years.
- In some cases, you can schedule joint or family appointments.
- After just one call, you can get everyone scheduled in for bi-yearly visits.