Hygienist In Hilo, HI
When was the last time you went to the dentist for a routine check-up? It is important for you to visit a general dentist in Hilo, HI regularly. Even though you probably brush your teeth twice a day, you still need to go to the dentist at least twice per year for regular cleaning. That is why you should rely on our dentists with Island Ohana Dental for help with your dental care. Learn more about the importance of routine dental care below.
What Is Included in a Routine Cleaning?
There are several tasks involved in routine cleaning. These include:
- First, the dental hygienist is going to take a look at your teeth and brush them thoroughly.
- Then, the dental hygienist will floss them for you.
- The dental hygienist will also remove plaque and tartar from the surfaces of your teeth.
- There is a chance that you could have x-rays taken of your teeth to make sure they are aligned appropriately.
- Finally, the dentist will come in and conduct a thorough examination of your teeth. The dentist is going to look for any signs of potential issues, which will be discussed with you.
Your routine cleaning will be tailored to your specific needs. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions related to your oral healthcare.
Why Is a Routine Cleaning So Important?
Routine cleaning from a general dentist in Hilo, HI is important because this gives the dentist an opportunity to identify problems that could be present with your mouth that you may have overlooked. Furthermore, plaque and tartar are going to build upon the surfaces of your teeth, regardless of your best efforts. For all of these reasons, you need to schedule your cleaning at least twice per year. If you do not get your teeth cleaned regularly, you could increase your chances of developing significant oral health problems. This could include cavities, gum disease, and router issues. Make sure you reach out to a dentist in the local area for your cleanings.
See Your Dentist Twice Per Year
Even if you think your teeth are healthy, you still need to go to the dentist at least twice per year. A general dentist in Hilo, HI may be able to identify problems that are lurking underneath the surface. The faster you can have these diagnosed and fixed, the better you can protect your teeth.